I hope your Christmas weekend has been off to a great start.. Are you done with ALL the shopping?
It’s the most wonderful time of year! The holidays always bring an excuse to indulge in drinks and food with your family and friends. However, they can also serve as temptation for those who have begun to change their diets.
That’s why this year Wonderful Pistachios recommends a better-for-you pork entrée that doesn’t skip out on taste. For the hosts that are looking to serve their guests healthier but tasty options, the pistachio and apricot stuffing serves as the perfect balance. Featuring parsley, thyme and onions as a “rub”, this dish won’t make anyone feel guilty about getting up for seconds.
Wonderful Pistachios and Apricot Stuffed Pork Roast
Time to table: 2 hours
· 1 ¾ cups shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted
· One 4-pound pork loin
· 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
· 2 garlic cloves
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
· 1 ¼ teaspoons ground coriander
· 3 small onions, quartered
· 6 sprigs of thyme
· 1 cup apple cider
1. Heat oven to 450°F and set aside roasting pan.
2. Butterfly pork loin by slicing in half within one inch of one edge and fold open. Lay 5 lengths of cooking twine under the open pork loin evenly spaced. This will help you tie it up once you fill the loin.
3. Combine Wonderful Pistachios, parsley, garlic and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped, add apricots then pulse once or twice to chop and mix together.
4. Spread the filling evenly over the butterflied pork loin. Fold back in half with filling in the center using cooking twine to tie pork loin together in 5 places. Mix salt and coriander together and rub all over the roast.
5. Place tied pork roast in a roasting pan then scatter quartered onions and sprigs of thyme around the roast. Roast in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Add cider to the pan and lower oven temperature to 350°F. Roast another 50 to 55 minutes until internal temperature registers 150°F on a meat thermometer.
6. Remove roast from oven and let pork rest for 20 minutes. Pour any pan juices over roast, garnish with roasted onions and more chopped Wonderful Pistachios to serve.
Hope you enjoy a great family night and Happy Holidays to all.