This post was sponsored by Sony Pictures Animation film: SPIDER-MAN:INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE. I acquired complimentary products to facilitate my overview, although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own .
As a mom, I love watching movies with my kids and discovering new recipes to try out in the kitchen. One movie that recently caught our attention was Spide-Man Into The Spider-Verse. The thrilling animation and storyline kept us on the edge of our seats while we munched on some homemade shortbread cookies inspired by one of our favorite characters, Peter B. Parker. These buttery treats are not only delicious but also easy to make, making them perfect for a fun family activity or a themed party. So put on your spider mask and let’s get baking! Spide-Man Into The Spider-Verse Shortbread Cookies.
With all the commercials and the short videos about the new Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse movie out there, what is best than baking some shortbread cookies inspired by this new movie? You know to celebrate the anticipated release of the new movie.
Spide-Man Into The Spider-Verse Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread cookies are the easiest to prepare and best of all this is the perfect time to get the kids involved (keep the kids busy and get their creative juices flowing)
Mantecaditos are fast and easy with simple ingredients. Here is the recipe for you:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cool to touch
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, cold
- 1 teaspoon almond emulsion or almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sprinkles and guava jelly cubes or just like that.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Line an ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper (optional).
- With a stand mixer, cream butter and shortening until creamy and well combined (about 2 minutes).
- Add sugar and mix till creamy and fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Add vanilla and almond extract. Mix to combine.
- With mixer on medium-low, mix in the flour by ¼ cup.
- The mixture will look coarse and that’s what we want!
- We use our Spider-man shape cookie cutter to give our cookies a fun shape and the kids decorated
(or not)with sprinkles.
- Baked in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies will not brown on top, but the sides will get golden brown and that’s what you want.
- Place them on a cooling rack for 5 to 10 minutes.
About the Film:
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. Spider-Man™: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask.
I think we are all ready and super excited for his new movie. Of course the kids can’t wait to head to the theater on December 14th.
By the way remember to bake extra cookies they are delicious and won’t last long on your table.