Let’s-a go! Nintendo Kicked off The MAR10 Day with a month full of Activities. MAR10 Day hitting soon on March 10, Nintendo is celebrating another exciting year for their mustachioed hero with not only a day but a month’s worth of activities.
Nintendo officially started celebrating the MAR10 Day with a party at Nintendo NY starring Mario, Luigi, and YouTube superstar Ryan Kaji from Ryan’s World. And the celebration continues with a Mushroom Kingdom’s worth of exciting announcements. Like the reveal of the new Nintendo Switch Mario Choose One Bundle arriving in stores starting on March 10.
Additional details about Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC (including full track list and the March 9 launch!), sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to SUPER NINTENDO WORLD at Universal Studios Hollywood, an upcoming Nintendo Switch game sale perfect for Mario fans of all ages and so much more.
Nintendo Kicked off The MAR10 Day
I was invited to attend this event as Press. As always, the opinions I share are my own.
Nintendo NYC Exclusive Event
At Nintendo’s exclusive event – overalls not required – The littlest had the opportunity to have an amazing time with Mario and Luigi. Also got a chance to meet Ryan from Ryan’s World and join him for some Nintendo fun. Plenty of activities for everyone to emerge into the amazing world of Super Mario. From puzzles to coloring pages to playing with Mario in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe everyone had an amazing time.
The Nintendo NY store welcomed fans of all ages, including kids from the local Boys & Girls Club, to come and meet Mario and Luigi and check out a variety of Nintendo Switch games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury and Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Every Day is a Mario Day
The Mario celebration continues all month long with special events, promotions and activities. Here’s a look at some of the upcoming Mario-related activities that Nintendo has in store:
Nintendo Switch Mario Choose One Bundle:
Make every day a MAR10 Day with a Nintendo Switch system with Red Joy-Con controllers. The choice of a free Mario full game download (a $59.99 value*), and stickers from the upcoming Super Mario Bros Movie. Anyone that purchases the bundle can select one of the following games: Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. The bundle is available starting on March 10 at a suggested RP of $299.99 at the My Nintendo Store and select retailers.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 4: The next eight courses that are part of Wave 4 of the Booster Course Pass DLC** are coming to the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game on March 9. The newly added Fruit Cup and Boomerang Cups are composed of Tour Amsterdam Drift, GBA Riverside Park, Wii DK Summit, Yoshi’s Island (which is making its Mario Kart debut!), Tour Bangkok Rush, DS Mario Circuit, GCN Waluigi Stadium and Tour Singapore Speedway. A new playable character, Birdo, will also be added to the game in this wave of the DLC.
- GameStop In-Store Mario Events: Celebrate at select GameStop locations on March 11 from noon to 4 p.m. local time to continue making every day a MAR10 Day! Play games featuring Mario and friends, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and more, and receive free Mario themed-items, while supplies last.
Save on Select Mario Games!
Celebrate the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom with two waves of savings on select Nintendo Switch games. The first half of the sale starts on March 10 (MAR10 Day!) at 12 a.m. PT and lasts until March 23 at 11:59 p.m. PT. It features deals on digital games and DLC featuring Mario and friends, including Mario Party Superstars, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi’s Crafted World and Luigi’s Mansion 3. The second wave of the sale runs from March 24 at 12 a.m. PT until April 7 at 11:59 p.m. PT. This sale includes savings on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2 and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. Games on sale can be purchased directly in Nintendo eShop or on Nintendo.com at https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/#mar10-day.
- Mario & Friends Retail Sale: From March 5 to March 11, fans will also be able to head to select retailers to save up to $20*** on select games featuring Mario and friends, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Maker 2, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, Mario Party Superstars and many more. Additionally, fans can save $40 on the high-octane
- SUPER NINTENDO WORLD Opening: The day all Mario fans have been waiting for is finally here! SUPER NINTENDO WORLD at Universal Studios Hollywood is officially open to the public. At SUPER NINTENDO WORLD, guests can battle Team Bowser on the Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge ride. Dine at Toadstool Café, level up with Nintendo-themed merch from the 1-UP Factory store. Wear an interactive Power-Up Band (sold separately) to participate in activities throughout the Mushroom Kingdom.
Win a Trip to SUPER NINTENDO WORLD!:
My Nintendo wants to send you to SUPER NINTENDO WORLD at Universal Studios Hollywood! Starting on March 10 until April 25, head to https://my.nintendo.com/ to enter the SUPER NINTENDO WORLD Family Fun Sweepstakes. One lucky winner with up to three guests will win a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood to visit SUPER NINTENDO WORLD and see the Mushroom Kingdom in real life!****
- Play Nintendo Fun: Kids can also join in on the Mario fun every day. Enjoy activities and videos at Play Nintendo. Visit the Play Nintendo website and Play Nintendo YouTube channel for DIY crafts, quizzes, gameplay and more featuring Mario and friends!
For more MAR10 Day activities, special announcements from Nintendo’s partners at LEGO, First 4 Figures and more, please visit http://www.mario.nintendo.com.