This post was made possible thanks to my friends at Voortman Bakery. I was provided the products to facilitate this review. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.
Do you know that Voortman Bakery, America’s fastest-growing cookie manufacturer, has announced the return of its popular seasonal S’mores offerings with the release of a brand new cookie and the return of the classic S’mores Crème Wafer?
We had the opportunity to try the brand new S’more cookies that will be hitting our local stores just in time for the long weekend. And to enjoy even more we put together this super easy and fun recipe.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cookies and ice cream are awesome on their own, but together as an ice cream sandwich, they’re absolutely delicious.
Perfect to do with kids and have some fun in the kitchen starting this long weekend. Super easy to put together. Here:
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pack of S’ mores Voortman Bakery Cookies, &
- Dark Chocolate shells.
- Using the microwave melt the dark chocolate shells for 3o seconds. (remember to use a microwave-safe bowl) Repeat every 10- to 15-second until most of the chocolate is melted. Remove from microwave and keep stirring until the residual heat melts the rest of the chocolate.
2. Get two cookies ready on your plate. Scoop a round of ice cream (as small or as large as the kids like it) gently place it on one cookie. Take the other cookie and lay it on top of the ice cream applying a little pressure to flatten it. Be gentle, the cookie can break.
The brand new S’mores cookie instantly takes consumers back to fond childhood memories of roasting marshmallows with chocolate and graham crackers over an open campfire. This baking feat combines all the sweet and toasty flavors from the classic S’mores into a delicious cookie and wafer that are made with all-natural ingredients that melt in your mouth.
3. This is the extra fun part … the kids will love to help you dip the ice cream sandwich in the melted chocolate.
5. The last and more difficult step..
Place the finished ice sandwich in the freezer for 20 mins to allow the ice cream to harden and the chocolate to dry. And then enjoy…
Voortman Bakery is dedicated to baking the very best quality cookies, using the finest, hand-selected ingredients such as real whole grain oats, almonds, coconut, blueberries, strawberries and other varieties of real fruits. The brand’s commitment to real ingredients, real bakers and really delicious cookies
Voortman’s fast-selling S’mores wafer quickly became a fan favorite last year.
You can learn more about Voortman Bakery by visiting the company’s website online. You can find these products at: Walmart, Target, Stop N Shop, Key Foods, Shoprite, And more retailers across the country.