The first-ever Sierra HD Denali Ultimate leads a refreshed lineup that includes an updated interior, elevated technologies, and more pulling power
Led by the first-ever Sierra Heavy Duty Denali Ultimate, the 2024 model year takes the Sierra HD lineup to new heights. With premium luxury and comfort, turbocharged pulling power, and elevated technology. Offering the most trailering assistance technology in its class. GMC introduces the most advanced luxurious Sierra.
In addition to the debut of the Denali Ultimate trim, the 2024 Sierra HD will build upon GMC’s premium off-road offerings, introducing the off-road optimized Sierra HD AT4X trim later in the model year.
This post was made possible thanks to my friends at GMC. Their press release was used to complement this article.
“The new and enhanced 2024 Sierra HD builds on an already winning foundation,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “This truck elevates the HD segment with the introductions of the Denali Ultimate trim and will soon add the seriously off-road capable AT4X trim, further strengthening the dominance of the GMC truck portfolio.”
Heavy Duty Highlights:
- Enhanced power with the combination of the available 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel V-8 and 10-speed Allison transmission delivering 470 horsepower and 975 lb-ft of torque and providing 25% more low-end torque vs. the current model for a greater feeling of power on demand
- Max towing across the lineup, including:
- Up to 21,9002 pounds on 2500HD Crew Cab – best in class2
- Up to 22,5003 pounds on 2500HD – a 4,000-pound increase over the current model
- Up to 36,0004 pounds on 3500HD
- Most available trailering assistance technologies in its class through GMC’s ProGrade trailering system, offering up to 14 camera views5
- Updated technologies including an available new, largest in-class1 13.4-inch-diagonal tablet-style infotainment7 touchscreen
The 2024 Sierra HD lineup includes 2500HD and 3500HD models, in Regular Cab, Extended Cab and Crew Cab configurations — with dual-rear-wheel models available on 3500HD. They support the lineup’s highest trailering capacity: up to 36,000 pounds4. Available trims include Pro, SLE, SLT, AT4, Denali and Denali Ultimate, with the AT4X trim coming later in the model year.
Fresh and Bold – Inside and Out
Inside and out, the 2024 Sierra HD lineup is elevated with styling and design updates. Exterior highlights include:
- Revised front bumper, fascia, grille designs, and finishes on each trim
- Animated lighting when approaching, starting, or when using the turn signals
- New wheel designs on SLE, AT4, Denali, and larger 18-inch polished aluminum wheels on dual-rear-wheel models
- New 22-inch accessory wheels
- Six new exterior colors (extra cost): Titanium Rush Metallic, Sterling Metallic, Volcanic Red Tintcoat, Redwood Metallic, Meteorite Metallic, and Downpour Metallic
- Rear wheelhouse liners are standard on Denali and Denali Ultimate dual rear-wheel models
Inside, GMC designers set apart Sierra from the competition with unique, new interiors on SLE, and SLT trims, as well as unique GMC premium interior designs for AT4, Denali, and Denali Ultimate trims. There are also new color and stitching designs. With more premium materials throughout the cabin, further elevating Sierra’s premium look and feel.
Premium Safety Features
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking (new for 2024)
- IntelliBeam auto high beams
- Following Distance Indicator
Also available on the 2024 Sierra HD is the Pro Safety Plus Package which includes new driver assistance features Rear Cross Traffic Braking and the Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert.
The refreshed 2024 GMC Sierra HD arrives at dealerships in the first quarter of 2023, with the AT4X coming later in 2023. Pricing will be announced closer to the start of production.